Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

Every day there are multiple times in which I look at one or both of our amazing little guys and think of how incredibly blessed we are to have them in our lives. The amount of smiles, laughter, and overall joy that they bring to me alone is almost unbearable! They are becoming such independent little guys lately and I find myself desperately wanting them to slow down but also encouraging them to reach new milestones. Being a Mommy is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done but it is by far the most rewarding.

However, our morning this morning was more eventful than I think any Mommy could have wanted. We had previously given Coleman eggs for breakfast and he had a mild reaction, but we were also introducing a lot of new foods at the time as well as sippy cups. So, with my sweet husband making breakfast this morning I decided that we should try it again, after all Coleman is my "try anything and everything" boy when it comes to food. He LOVED them and gobbled down quite a few without and side effects, so off I went to get ready while Jared watched the munchkins. It wasn't long before up the stairs Jared and Coleman came...Coleman was completely broken out on his face in a red rash, his eye was red and running, along with his nose. My heart sank and I instantly paged our doctor on call at the hospital who ran through a gambit of questions before telling me his reaction was mild and benedryl was all that was needed. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling like Mommy of the year this morning but at least his sweet personality seemed to be unaffected! Here is our little guy on the way to church this morning:

After an eventful morning and church, Coleman decided to take a LONG nap, so Carter had some one one two time with Jared and I. We had a good time with our little guy playing outside while his brother caught up on some much needed rest.



Afterwards we tried out our bike trailer that we had purchased while I was pregnant (it was on super clearance!). The boys were NOT fans of wearing their helmets and it didn't take long before we realized that they may not be old enough for this yet. Oh well, maybe another day!