Friday, September 17, 2010

6 Months and Growing!!!

Yesterday, we took the boys to the doctor for their 6 month well visit and shots. They are still below the range for a "term baby" but are growing like little weeds! Coleman is 26 and 1/4 inches long and weighs 14.1lbs and Carter is 25 and 3/4 inches long and weighs for 13.1lbs. The doctor was impressed with how healthy our sweet baby boys are and have been, and wants them to start using them to start solid foods again, start using sippy cups with water, and to stop taking bottles in the middle of the night! Whew!! I cannot believe how grown up these little guys are getting!!! It's bittersweet to see my little munchkins develop so quickly and transition into big boy things. We are still using the rice cereal at the beginning of the morning and will transition into regular solid foods next week. I am hoping to make my own baby food (from what I hear it's not too difficult), and I am eager to get on the bandwagon in only a few days.

A few things these sweet baby boys are into (and not so into) these days:

~ We only like to sleep in footed pj's lately. The "sacks" or gowns seem to drive them bonkers since their little toes and legs can't move as freely.
~ Carter CANNOT lay on his back without rolling over, and over, and over...playmats for him have been retired and he enjoys playing tootsie roll on a large quilt.
~ We are both just babbling up a storm! It makes me nervous to think about how crazy my world is going to be when my both of them really start to talk!
~ We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to grab anything and everything and put it in our mouths...anything!
~ We are also enjoying our toys, pulling at them, shaking them, and did I mention putting them in our mouths?!
~We are really noticing one another and are talking and smiling at each other...by far the cutest thing to watch!

Here is Carter bug with his new sippy cup....


Look at how much these sweet boys have grown!!! It is so hard to believe that they shared a pack n' play for almost 3 months!


Then

Now



And just one more of my cutie pies!

1 comment:

Kara said...

They are soooo cute!